Monday, April 28, 2008

Humor of the Situation

*Parent Advisory*

It has come to my attention, as I was reading back on my journals, that I have been far too mature lately. Therefore, let us all take a moment to act like middle school boys and enjoy this next brief installment of my life in Africa.

The story begins that I needed to go to the Pharmacy to pick up some cream for this weird dry patch of skin on my bicep (actually, how I got to this point is another story within itself). Anyway, I enter the pharmacy and place my order. As the pharmacist looks around the shelves for my cream, I too, take the opportunity to look around at all the products. Suddenly, there is one product that catches my eye and starts to make me giggle rather inappropriately. On the top shelf, there are boxes of tampons and maxi pads with the brand name “Vagina.” I continue to giggle because, if my memory serves me right, “vagina” is the not only the English word but also Spanish and Portugese for vagina. Thus, in my middle school boy brain, I am imagining how funny it is that you can walk into a pharmacy and say, “Hello. I would like the vagina on the top shelf, please.” And with that, I am terribly sorry for those of you who are reading this journal and are now just realizing that I am not a stunning intellect but rather just an immature kid living out her life in Africa.

3 comments:

loehrke said...

So: the big question is did you actually BUY any of the tampoons or maxi pads??? Because I am thinking that they would make the PERFECT gift from Africa for female friends and family (note the alliteration).
I am pretty sure that this will be Nate and Cam and Andrew's favorite blog entry.
STILL proud of my funny daughter, Daddio

Anonymous said...

hi carly! i'm one of the residents working with your father, he told me to go visit this site. i'm the winker with the bell's palsy. nice thoughts and ramblings... i'm interested in doing stuff like these when i finish my so called internal medicine. :) ;) (the second icon is me winking)

louise

LNCanDVM said...

I am rereading some of your posts in my lengthy t-givin break, and really, I cannot cannot cannot believe this post did not warrant a comment the first time around. I was howling with laughter. And that, my best friend, is why we're best friends.




...unnatural levels of immaturity.