Monday, April 14, 2008

Lovely Day

And the sky opened up and God shown down and he said, "Thou shall have internet." And the people rejoiced and wept tears of happiness for no longer would they have to bear the burden of isolation. Now they, too, would have the gift of communication.

Internet has arrived in Bassila! I should be able to have internet access at least once a week and, therefore, if I can force myself to be a little more diligent about blog writing, I should be able to keep this little baby of mine growing and flourishing. Very exciting.

4 comments:

Judith A. Johnson said...

Keep 'em coming, babe, I love every word!
-Mama Bear

loehrke said...

YAY!!!
I always love reading your thoughts, opinions, observations and jokes.
They make my day......
Daddio

RevolutionMe said...

Can I live there? pleaaassee??? I'm really excited to meet you. If it's ok, I hope to put my thoughts together in an e-mail to you - I have a lot of questions.

I really have no idea what to think about the TEFL program. What they tell me scares the crap out of me. Classrooms with 60+ kids?

Cheerios! John Mark

carly loehrke said...

John Mark! Happy to see you found my blog. Absolutely feel free to write me an email. I know I had a billion questions before I came. Sadly for us and for the kids, there are classrooms with 60 plus kids, but there are also classrooms with less; just depends on how lucky you are. The best thing is, however, that somehow, no matter how many kids you have, it all works out. In the strange way that things in Benin do, it always just works itself out. In other words, you'll be a great teacher...I already know it!!